Leverage our expertise to design and validate your state-of-the-art cryptographic systems. We are proud contributors to the design and verification of some of the world's most trusted cryptographic protocols and end-user software alike.
Start a Project
Our extensive experience in cryptographic software audits sets us apart. Whether your project involves an end-to-end encrypted email client, a pioneering cryptocurrency wallet, or an innovative authentication framework, we are your trusted ally.
Start a Project
- Ensuring secure and reliable transactions by safeguarding critical technologies in the cryptocurrency sector.
- Collaborating on and auditing impactful public health initiatives, making these technologies safe and reliable for global impact.
- Identifying and addressing critical vulnerabilities in encryption protocols to fortify overall security.
We aim to fortify global digital security by identifying and addressing potential vulnerabilities through comprehensive security auditing, ultimately driving a safer, more secure digital world. Here are some of the partners we’ve worked with.
Our conducted evaluations and reviews of the Native Labs smart contracts encompassed performance measurement, code scrutiny, interoperability assessment, on-chain and off-chain transaction analysis, liquidity model examination, and user experience auditing.
- Assessed the operational efficiency, with emphasis on gas usage, scalability, and transaction speed.
- Examined the integration capabilities with both internal and third-party entities.
- Investigated the handling of transactions, ensuring their accuracy, security, and effectiveness.
- Gauged how the smart contracts impact the overall user experience.
Symbolic Software was commissioned by the Linux Foundation for Public Health to conduct a thorough audit of some of the most widely used COVID-19 contact tracing applications in Europe.
- Detailed analysis of smartphone applications built around the Google Apple Exposure Notification (GAEN) API, used by the Irish and Canadian governments.
- Identified potential vulnerabilities within the seemingly simple design and reliance on the GAEN platform.
- Uncovered potential issues that may contravene the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Examined target security goals and created a threat model for the overall application stacks.
The extensive pentest report on 1Password B5, conducted in collaboration with Cure53, included Symbolic Software’s contributions that:
- Affirmed the robustness of 1Password's security measures.
- Highlighted the critical role of key rotation in vault security.
- Identified potential vulnerabilities of 1Password vaults to server compromise.
- Stressed the need for robust public key validation to preempt possible attacks.
In 2017, Symbolic Software collaborated with Cure53 to audit Mozilla Thunderbird. Together we:
- Detected a critical vulnerability in Mozilla Thunderbird's Enigmail.
- Outlined potential exposure of encrypted messages to attackers.
- Evaluated the exploitation risk combined with successful social engineering.
- Identify potential confidentiality compromises.
We’ve also worked with
Want to Work Together?
Choose Symbolic Software as your trusted partner in enhancing security and fostering integrity within the digital ecosystem.
Start a Project